Sunday, August 10, 2008

Turtle Tagging and Beach BBQ

Author: Alli
Location: Lee Bay
I woke everyone up around 7:00 am. We ate some yummy eggs. After we finished cleaning up, we sailed to Lee Bay to go turtle tagging. We split up into two groups to go chase some turtles. My boat spotted a turtle right away and chased it for a while, but it got away. In the distance, we spotted two more! We were so close to one, but we missed it. After we gave up on that location, we sailed to Long Bay and gave turtling another try. We had no luck there either. After we gave up on turtling we sailed to Sommer's Beach. We all jumped in the water, showered, and got ready to head to the beach with the rest of Action Quest for the beach BBQ. We all hung out there for a while and ate burgers and hotdogs. After eating some pretty burnt burgers, Jim gathered everyone together to play the game of Life. Since I played the game last year, I couldn't play. They made everyone who played it in previous years sit on the rocks. I got to hang out with all of the people from last year and it was a lot of fun. When it was done, we got back to our boat all sandy and went to bed.
Flickr Photos from Today
Flickr Photos from this Voyage

No comments: